With TSR Buzz, you’ll find links to articles, videos and other random things that will help you waste your time just a little bit more.
- By definition, this is a trailer. But honestly, this is a teaser. A teaser in the sense that a movie such as this will never exist, though there will be plenty of less-compelling biopics in our near future. I am not sure pop culture, never mind the entire world, appreciates the effect and everlasting nature of parody-genius "Weird Al" Yankovic, but this fake trailer is for those who do. And while I do love Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, I wish that the parody-music biopic concept were left open for a movie such as this: a brilliant songwriter whose legacy is built on destroying and then surpassing those that currently dominate the face of pop music.
- Some people went out and bought the new iPhone 4G. This video is for them:
- Forget Facebook and Twitter. The internet's best contribution to society is this webpage. It automatically uploads all of Nicolas "The Cagemaster" Cage's films to your Netflix queue. Kudos to fellow writer/friend Calhoun Kersten for the tip.
- Tomorrow, I am going to be interviewing David Michod, writer/director of his debut film Animal Kingdom. While my judgment on the movie and interview will not be posted until August, all movie fans should take a look at this trailer for the film that won at Sundance last year the Grand Jury Prize for World Cinema.
- Claude Debussy's "Claire de Lune" is one of those "greatest hits" of classical music that makes its way into mainstream films quite often, usually to quickly give some moment a touch of sophistication. It's even used in the The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. No matter how many times you've heard this piece, I bet you've never heard it performed with a theremin. "What is a theremin?" A theremin is a handless instrument that uses antennas to control tone and volume. In most cases, it is associated with providing the sounds of an unruly alien invasion.