Justin Bieber is expanding his prowess in the arts to different mediums ... in a way that will be explained below. In honor of his double news, everything is coming in twos in today's version of TSR Buzz. Excellent! With TSR Buzz, you’ll find links to articles, videos and other random things that will help you waste your time just a little bit more.
- Listen. There have been countless movies made by musical performers who think that since they can dance on stage, they must be able to act also. (I made a list once - check it out!) So, the announcement of a Justin Bieber movie shouldn't come as a surprise, but a relief. Finally, he'll provide us something to laugh at ten years down the line when he is only remembered for the photos of him smoking crack outside a Jimmy John's (which haven't surfaced ... yet). Until then, we'll only be left to speculate what "life story" will be able to fill a whole movie, as directed by An Inconvenient Truth's Davis Guggenheim. The kid can't legally see R-rated movies yet, and we're already subjected to his incredible saga of ... making Youtube videos, walking into doors, and saying the phrase "one time" thirty-four times in a pop song called "One Time." Oh, and yeaaah baby - it's going to be in 3D. (But not IMAX? What a ripoff!) Secretly, I hope that there will be some underlying themes about the power of Youtube, much like David Fincher seems to be exploring Facebook with his new film, The Social Network. But, I know. That thought is as stupid as a Justin Bieber biopic.
- For those of you who hate reading, and would prefer to look at pictures, Bieber is lookin' out for you. In October, he's releasing an illustrated "memoir," with never before seen photos. I hope it doesn't spoil any story elements of his 3D movie!
- "Well, I have to go now ... I'm due back on planet Earth." For those of you who hate reading the man's work but love his voice, Woody Allen has recently recorded all of his hilarious short stories into audiobook form, which can be sampled here at his official site, WoodyAllen.com On iTunes, one can purchase all of his books for $29.95. Not a bad deal.
- Just for the sake of it, one of my favorite Woody Allen gags, as seen in his first movie as a director - Take the Money and Run. I wonder if Justin Bieber's life story involves playing cello for the marching band?
- When Inception is dethroned from the #1 spot in the box office, I will stop posting related videos (but apparently I will never stop thinking about it). Let the speculation about the truthiness of this CollegeHumor video fly around - perhaps this is the kind of thinking director Christopher Nolan himself might have encouraged?
- What could be more "excellent!" than Inception? How about a sequel, one that combines Inception with the mind-bending, riff-ripping timeline-hopping awesomeness of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure? Bodacious.
- A man calls for justice on national TV. A man loses control of his mouth says things like, "He's climbin' up your window, he's snatching your people up, trying to rape them; so you need to hide your kids, hide your wife, and your husband - because they're raping everybody out here." Man becomes internet phenomenon. httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua-OqYZC1DA
- And now, because the internet is awesome, here's that video again, but autotuned! (Giant kudos to "Autotune the News" for making an insanely catchy song that's been stuck in my head for days. Run and tell that!)