WEEKEND TOP 5 STUDIO ESTIMATES, MAY 29-31, 2009Source: boxofficemojo.com
Movie Title - Weekend Gross - Theatres - Total Gross - Week #
1. Up - $68.2 million - 3,766 - $68,200,000 - 1
2. Night at the Museum : Battle of the Smithsonian - $25.5 million - 4,101 - $105,296,00 - 2
3. Drag Me To Hell - $16.6 million - 2,508 - $16,628,000 million - 1
4. Terminator Salvation - $16.1 million - 3,602 - $90,657,000 - 2
5. Star Trek - $12.8 million - 3,507 - $209,500,000 - 4
To little surprise, Pixar's Up soared above the competition this weekend, leaving last week's winner Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian on the ground with its -52.9% change of revenue. Sam Raimi's Drag Me To Hell snagged third place, which is commendable for a horror film battling against two "family" films. Terminator Salvation continues into its second week of flop resistance, but with Star Trek still in the top 5 with four weeks under its belt, it doesn't look like Salvation will be strong enough to stay in the battle, especially when moviegoers will get The Hangover or Land of the Lost to choose from come June 5th.