WEEKEND TOP 5 STUDIO ESTIMATES, MAY 22-24, 2009 Rank. Movie Title - Weekend Gross | Theaters | Total Gross | Week #
1. Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian - $53.5 million | 4,096 | $53.5 million | 1
2. Terminator Salvation - $43.0 million | 3,530 | $56.4 million | 1
3. Star Trek - $22.0 million | 4,053 | $183.6 million | 3
4. Angels & Demons - $21.4 million | 3,527 | $81.5 million | 2
5. Dance Flick - $11.1 million | 2,450 | $11.1 million | 1
Source: Box Office Mojo www.boxofficemojo.com
You'll going to have to believe me here ... I swear I talked to a couple people, mainly Eric Snider about Night at the Museum 2 beating Terminator Salvation at the box office. All the keys to the upset victory were there ... 1. Terminator isn't that good. 2. Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian doesn't need good reviews to bring the families in. 3. Star Trek is still making money and that will hurt Terminator more than Museum. 4. Terminator might have won the weekend if it hadn't opened up on Thursday instead of Friday.
So what I'm telling you is, I was right. I just didn't tell you about it until it's too late for you to totally believe me.