WEEKEND TOP 5 STUDIO ESTIMATES, NOVEMBER 14-16, 2008 Rank. Movie Title (Distributor) Weekend Gross | Theaters | Total Gross | Week #
1. Quantum of Solace (Sony / Columbia) $70.4 million | 3,451 | $70.4 million | 1
2. Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (Paramount (DreamWorks)) $36.1 million | 4,065 | $118.0 million | 2
3. Role Models (Universal) $11.7 million | 2,798 | $38.1 million | 2
4. High School Musical 3: Senior Year (Buena Vista) $5.9 million | 3,202 | $84.4 million | 4
5. Changeling (Universal) $4.2 million | 1,896 | $27.6 million | 4
Just as you would expect, Bond broke records. I predicted last week that it would pass Casino Royale's opening weekend. But even I am a little surprised by $70 million.
Next week will be very interesting with Bolt and Twilight coming into play. It could be one and done for Quantum of Solace at the top spot.
Keep this in mind though, Role Models has already made $10 million after two weeks (since we don't factor in marketing). Bond still has $130 million to go.
And because you are dying to know ... Beverly Hills Chihuahua is finally out of the top 10.