WEEKEND TOP 5 STUDIO ESTIMATES, NOVEMBER 7-9, 2008 Rank. Movie Title (Distributor) Weekend Gross | Theaters | Total Gross | Week #
1. Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (Paramount (DreamWorks)) $63.5 million | 4,056 | $63.5 million | 1
2. Role Models (Universal) $19.3 million | 2,792 | $19.3 million | 1
3. High School Musical 3: Senior Year (Buena Vista) $9.3 million | 3,464 | $75.7 million | 3
4. Changeling (Universal) $7.3 million | 1,855 | $20.6 million | 3
5. Zack and Miri Make a Porno (Weinstein Company) $6.5 million | 2,735 | $20.9 million | 2
The first Madagascar made $47 million in its opening weekend, so this can only mean one thing ... expect more Madagascar.
Zack and Miri is slowly slipping away, already down to number five, the attempt at mainstream just didn't seem to work for porn. It's like Deepthroat all over again ... oh wait, that made tons of money. Just wait for DVD, Porno will find an audience.
And next week is all about Bond. Quantum of Solace hits screens on Friday and it will definitely make more than the $40 million that Casino Royale raked in. It's the shortest Bond film ever, which means more screenings.
And if you were looking for plans on December 17, 2010 ... yes 12/17/10 ... that's when Smurfs will be hitting the big screen. Don't quote me on this, but I am pretty sure it's a live-action adaptation.