Rank. Movie Title (Distributor)Weekend Gross | Theaters | Total Gross | Week #
1. High School Musical 3: Senior Year (Buena Vista) $15.0 million | 3,626 | $61.8 million | 2
2. Zack and Miri Make a Porno (Weinstein Company) $10.7 million | 2,735 | $10.7 million | 1
3. Saw V (Lionsgate) $10.1 million | 3,084 | $45.8 million | 2
4. Changeling (Universal) $9.4 million | 1,850 | $10.1 million | 2
5. The Haunting of Molly Hartley (Freestyle Releasing) $6.0 million | 2,652 | $6.0 million | 1
I like to think people chose parties and trick-or-treating with the kids over going to the theater. And I also like to think that the reason I underperformed on the Bayer Box Office Challenge was because I was too concerned on properly draping fake spider webs on the banister.
Here were my picks:
Bayer’s bet: 1. HSM3 2. Saw V 3. Zack and Miri 4. The Haunting of Molly Hartley 5. Max Payne
Ouch. Only one correct. Allen nailed the top 3, but once again a week goes by with no perfection.
Instead of talking about that, I have a question ... Do kids still trick-or-treat? We had two, yes TWO kids come to the door. We live in a neighborhood in SE Portland. I was thinking of making a trail of Snickers and Twix to the front door just to try and get some traffic.