Directed by: Ron Clements, John Musker
Cast: Scott Weinger, Robin Williams, Linda Larkin, Gilbert Gottfried
Running Time: 1 hr 30 mins
Due Out: October 13, 2015
PLOT: A street urchin (Weinger) falls for a beautiful princess (Larkin). He then uses a genie’s (Williams) magic power to make himself a prince in order to marry her.
WHO’S IT FOR? Everyone, of course. Plus, this is one of Williams’ signature roles, so the fact that you get a little extra from the extras about his wonderful performance, makes this Diamond Edition a must buy.
Brad Kane discussing his experiences recording the memorable songs that we all know and love from Aladdin.
MOVIE SCORE: 9/10
· The Genie Outtakes – Robin Williams’ Genie outtakes are magically brought to life.
· Genie 101 – Our host, Scott Weinger (the voice of Aladdin), takes us through the various transformattions of the famous (and formerly famous) celebrity references of the Genie.
· Ron & John: You Ain’t Never Had a Friend Like Me – Directors John Musker & Ron Clements sit down and discuss the experiences of their long-running partnership together at Disney.
· Aladdin: Creating Broadway Magic – Join host Darren Criss as we take “a new fantastic point of view” at the story of how Aladdin went from a classic Disney animated film to become Broadway’s smash hit with Composer Alan Menken and others.
· Unboxing Aladdin – Our host, Joey Bragg from Disney Channel’s Liv & Maddy, explore the Easter eggs and hidden secrets of Aladdin in this unboxing video.
· Classic Bonus – ALL classic bonus from the original DVD release
· DMA Exclusive Bonus Features: Deleted Song – “My Finest Hour” – Jafar takes the stage in this never-before-seen deleted song. Includes intro from Ron & John. (DMA exclusive)
DVD Bonus Features: Select Classic Bonus, including:
· Deleted Song / “Proud Of Your Boy” (Original Demo Recording)
· Deleted Song / “You Can Count On Me”
· Deleted Song / “Humiliate The Boy”
· Deleted Song / “Why Me”
· Deleted Scene / “Aladdin & Jasmine’s First Meeting”
· Deleted Scene / “Aladdin in the Lap of Luxury”