Box office estimates for April 9-11. Rank. Movie Title – Weekend Gross | Theaters | Total Gross | Week #
1. Date Night - $27,100,000 I 3,374 I $27,100,000 I 1 Complete coverage of 'Date Night'
2. Clash of the Titans - $26,875,000 I 3,802 I $1110,468,000 I 2 Complete coverage of 'Clash of the Titans'
3. How to Train Your Dragon - $25,350,000 I 4,007 I $133,891,000 I 3 Lehar's TSR - 7/10
4. Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married Too? - $11,000,000 I 2,155 I $48,520,000 I 2 Allen's TSR - 4/10
5. The Last Song - $10,000,000 I 2,674 I $42,400,000 I 2 Bayer's TSR - 3/10
Tina Fey and Steve Carell proved they’ve got a hold on more than just primetime. The couple’s action comedy brought in a decent opening weekend, catapulting it to number one. Critics, including Jeff who deserves props for nailing the top 5 as well, seemed to think it was a fun way to spend 90 minutes and audiences seemed to agree.
Clash of the Titans fell far in its 2nd week, but still managed to find its way to number two. Reviews don’t seem to be dooming this one, because audiences keep coming back for more.
Landing in the number three spot, in its 3rd week of release is How to Train Your Dragon. This one’s taken a hold and won’t seem to go down without a fight, beating out two 2nd week releases for its spot.
Tyler Perry may be asking why did he get married, but critics are asking the same question. Critics, including those featured here on The Scorecard Review, panned it and after a decent show in its debut, it has resigned itself to our number four spot.
Finally, Miley Cyrus’s The Last Song doesn’t seem to be a memorable one. After its mid-week release last week, it’s fallen to the bottom of our list. It seems even tweens don’t want to touch this one, but can’t say I’m too surprised.