With TSR Buzz, you’ll find links to articles, videos and other random things that will help you waste your time just a little bit more.
- Conan O'Brien has returned to late night. In case you missed it, here is his opening monologue. Welcome back, you red-haired devil. His show is on TBS at 11pm/10 central.
- Movies get promoted in the strangest ways. Click this slideshow to view some of the more unfortunate moments in movie merchandising, from the Sex and the City 2 thongs to a purple plush bear for the not-so cuddly The Color Purple.
- To get you all amped up for the new film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, here's a rap featuring Youtube star Shane Dawson dressed up as Hermione Granger, as NWA's "Straight Outta Compton" is parodied by this tune, "Straight Outta Hogwarts." I'm sure MC Ren would be proud.
- Until we get more solid information on The Dark Knight Rises, there will always be time to think about Christopher Nolan's Inception. We can take a break from trying to fully understand it, and enjoy the next dreamy aspect of the movie - its award season potential. Warner Bros. has already started its campaigning for the film, along with The Town, Hereafter, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1.
- When I worked at Staples, I prided myself in never actually hitting one of their "Easy Buttons." However, I would have abused the crap out of them if they sounded like this.
- I think "T9" is pretty evil on my 2008-era cell phone, but I imagine auto-correct on iPhones is much worse. Here is a site that collects the amusing texting goofs from an iPhone, and the not-so-funny responses from the person being messaged.
- Who is the most overpaid actor in Hollywood? Megamind himself. Read this list from Forbes about "Hollywood's Most Overpaid Stars" to see who also joins Will Ferrell in such a prestigious position. (Thanks, mom!)
- Before we go, it's time to support some local music. This music video did some of its principal photography near my apartment. Titled "Losing You," this infectious song is a heart-breaking rocker from Chicago's own Jan Terri. While I am embarrassed to admit I haven't heard seen this video before, I am thrilled to present it now. This is some real indie work. (Suck it, Pitchfork.)