With TSR Buzz, you’ll find links to articles, videos and other random things that will help you waste your time just a little bit more.
- I've been in love with the latest Arcade Fire album, "The Suburbs" since it came out a month and a half ago. The good people of Google Chrome have an ad/web art project/music video for the song "We Used to Wait" that's super fun to try out. It's really beautiful and kind of raises the gauntlet, who's going to raise the bar after this?
- French artist Evan Roth created "Cache Rules Everything Around Me". It's a short film made up entirely of animated gifs found online. The music is by Girl Talk, a band that uses only pre-existing samples. The result? Hypnotic. I only made it about 3 minutes in but I kind of felt like my eyes were in a coma. Is that good?
- OK, I admit I like Glee. It's not the best show on TV but I'm a sucker for the singing and dancing and bitchiness. But really, what I love best are the songs. Here's a sneak peek at "Empire State of Mind" as sung by the cast that will appear on an upcoming episode.
- Is Hollywood racist? According to Lego (and Gizmodo) it is. An interesting article about how non-white lego men mainly have angry faces.
- I love The Soup. If it wasn't for Joel McHale, I wouldn't know who Wendy Williams is or why Snooki should be reviled. Here's a clip from last week's show featuring Robert Rodriguez doing what he loves best (seriously, number one, number two is making movies), making fun of McHale, and E's budget. Also, if you watched this one at home you might have noticed that the green screen effect was a little off this week, there was a weird squiggly line around McHale.