As the great scholars have said, "We've got a Situation here." You see, I'm visiting my homeland of Massachusetts, in order to ingest some woodsy air before venturing back to my new stomping grounds of Chicago. So what do I do when I home, other than go with my dad to see The Expendables? GTL, baby. Or, more specifically, think about MTV's "Jersey Shore," all day, everyday. This is my only excuse for this "guidoverload" that I am about to unleash on y'all. With TSR Buzz, you’ll find links to articles, videos and other random things that will help you waste your time just a little bit more.
- Jealous that his sidekick, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino, was able to embarrass himself with a song that sounds like a fire drill, DJ Pauly D steps up into the DJ booth with this instructional club-thumper called "Beat Dat Beat." (I hadn't even heard this song until yesterday. You can blame XM Radio.)
- I am ashamed. Somehow, in the midst of last June's Eclipse mania, I missed this parody of the Twilight series, as performed by the now professional clowns that comprise the "Jersey Shore" cast. Whereas earlier appearances by the cast on various shows rub our faces in the idea that they're in on the joke, here we can laugh at their bad acting and humiliating situation. We can laugh at them trying to be in on the joke. (But yes, this is funnier than the whole package of Vampires Suck.)
- This video is old, but DJ Pauly D's awkward love affair with the camera never will be. 0.2% of you will find this to be educational. I have no problem with that.
- I am aware my viewership is supportive of this sad news. But hey, business is business, I suppose. And as Jay-Z once said, "I'm not a businessman, I'm a business; man."
- This is completely unrelated. But at the same time, it is completely awesome. This is the type of music that acoustic bro-rock should be making, even if that subgenre's new image doesn't support the whole "Sandra Bullock" look. Damn. You've got to love that harmonic work.