Box office estimates for the weekend of June 25 - 27 Rank. Movie Title – Weekend Gross | Theaters | Total Gross | Week #
1. Toy Story 3 - $59,000,000 I 4,028 I $226,552,000 I 2 complete Toy Story coverage
2. Grown-Ups - $41,000,000 I 3,534 I $41,000,000 I 1 complete Grown-Ups coverage
3. Knight and Day - $20,500,000 I 3,098I $27,789,000 I 1 complete Knight and Day coverage
4. The Karate Kid - $15,400,000 I 3,740 I $135,641,000 I 3 complete Karate Kid coverage
5. The A-Team - $6,00,000 I 3,242 I $62,843,000 I 3 complete The A-Team coverage
It seems like hell has finally frozen over. After countless weeks of doing this, I’ve finally nailed the top five. It wasn’t easy, but let’s be real, who wasn’t calling Toy Story 3 as the number one movie this weekend?
Grown-Ups brought in a respectable 41 million in its debut weekend. It seems like Adam Sandler and company have what it takes to make audiences laugh. Sure, Allen didn’t exactly love it, nor did most other critics, but numbers don’t lie.
Knight and Day was supposed to be Fox’s runaway hit of the summer, but it didn’t seem to take. Maybe audiences are still put off by Cruise’s couch jumping antics, but maybe it’s time to forgive and forget? Sure, it’s nothing new, but check out Bayer’s review of the entertaining action flick.
Jaden Smith’s turn as The Karate Kid had audiences going for a while, but it’s lost some of the love this week. It’s at the number four spot which isn’t great news, but it’s still brought in a decent number considering it’s place in the top five.
The number five movie this week is The A-Team. It’s had a rough go of it since its release and here’s to hoping that next week, it’ll finally be put out of its misery. I wouldn’t expect to see this one on the top five next week.