WEEKEND TOP 5 STUDIO ESTIMATES, SEPTEMBER 4-6, 2009 Rank. Movie Title - Weekend Gross | Theaters | Total Gross | Week #
1. The Final Destination - $12.4 million | 3,121 | $47.6 million | 2
2. All About Steve - $11.2 million | 2,251 | $11.2 million | 1
3. Inglourious Basterds - $10.8 million | 3,358 | $91.0 million | 3
see below for review links
4. Gamer - $9.0 million | 2,502 | $9.0 million | 1
review coming later today
5. District 9 - $7.0 million | 3,139 | $101.3 million | 4
Thanksgiving ... big movie weekend. Christmas ... really big movie weekend. Fourth of July ... huge movie weekend. Labor Day weekend ... not so much.
The Final Destination crawled to first place at the box office this weekend. Quentin Tarantino's Basterds is holding strong, still making more than $10 million in its third week.
Gamer didn't have advance screenings in Chicago or Portland, and that might have hurt the action flick. It's gotten some decent buzz and The Scorecard Review should have a review up by the end of Sunday.
Since there's not much good to talk about in the top 5 ...
Complete coverage of Inglourious Basterds
Scorecard Review by Nick Allen – 9/10 Scorecard Review by Jeff Bayer – 10/10 (His first 10 of the year) Top 7 Characters created by Quentin Tarantino Interviews with Laurent, Roth, and Kruger Interviews with Tarantino, Myers, Waltz, and Novak Bayer’s KPTV Reel Review of Inglourious Basterds