WEEKEND TOP 5 STUDIO ESTIMATES, AUGUST 28-30, 2009 Rank. Movie Title - Weekend Gross | Theaters | Total Gross | Week #
1. The Final Destination - $28.3 million | 3,121 | $28.3 million | 1
2. Inglourious Basterds - $20.0 million | 3,165 | $73.8 million | 2
3. Halloween 2 (2009) - $17.4 million | 3,025 | $17.4 million | 1
4. District 9 - $10.7 million | 3,180 | $90.8 million | 3
5. G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - $8.0 million | 3,467 | $132.4 million | 4
It's not our fault. The Final Destination and Halloween 2 didn't have advanced screenings this week. But now we do have a Destination review up and running (in 3-D of course). Apparently some people did see those two movie, so what did you think? Worth your time? What's the most creative death?
And how about a round of applause for Inglourious Basterds. It hung strong at number two this week, and here's our complete Basterd coverage.
Complete coverage of Inglourious Basterds
Scorecard Review by Nick Allen – 9/10 Scorecard Review by Jeff Bayer – 10/10 (His first 10 of the year) Top 7 Characters created by Quentin Tarantino Interviews with Laurent, Roth, and Kruger Interviews with Tarantino, Myers, Waltz, and Novak Bayer’s KPTV Reel Review of Inglourious Basterds