WEEKEND TOP 5 STUDIO ESTIMATES, JUNE 19-21, 2009 Rank. Movie Title - Weekend Gross | Theaters | Total Gross | Week #
1. The Proposal - $34.1 million | 3,056 | $34.1 million | 1
2. The Hangover - $26.9 million | 3,545 | $152.9 million | 3
3. Up - $21.3 million | 3,832 | $224.1 million | 4
4. Year One - $20.2 million | 3,022 | $20.2 million | 1
5. The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 - $11.3 million | 3,077 | $43.3 million | 2
The Proposal ... that's a little bit of a surprise, right? It's definitely the better fluff that's out there. I know I gave both The Proposal and Year One a 5/10, but that doesn't mean they are the same score. Just so you know, there are levels of 5's. If I was on a plane, and The Proposal was showing, I would put my headphones in and listen along. I might even chuckle. If Year One was showing on a plane, I wouldn't do it. I'd try and sleep. The "airplane test" is always important to think about with average flicks.
Next week ... Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is coming. We'll have the movie review, interviews with Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson and more. I've seen the film, and the only thing I will say at this point is, Optimus Prime punching is cool, and the movie is 2.5 hours long. That's long.