WEEKEND TOP 5 STUDIO ESTIMATES, FEBRUARY 6-8, 2009 Rank. Movie Title - Weekend Gross | Theaters | Total Gross | Week #
1. He's Just Not That Into You - $27.5 million | 3,175 | $27.5 million | 1
2. Taken - $20.3 million | 3,184 | $53.4 million | 2
3. Coraline - $16.3 million | 2,299 | $16.3 million | 1
4. The Pink Panther 2 - $12.0 million | 3,243 | $12.0 million | 1
5. Paul Blart: Mall Cop - $11.0 million | 3,169 | $97.0 million | 4
I know. I'm supposed to say something clever about how it appeared people ARE into you, as opposed to him not being into you. I can't. A trip to Mexico made me miss the screening, and a new puppy has given me a new priority. And even though critics didn't love it, our own Chris De Salvo was a big fan, giving it an 8/10.
Taken looks to have some legs, staying strong at the No. 2 spot.
Next week will be a battle of killing vs. shopping (Friday the 13th vs. Confessions of a Shopaholic). Can't wait to see who wins.