WEEKEND TOP 5 STUDIO ESTIMATES, OCTOBER 24-26, 2008 Rank. Movie Title (Distributor) Weekend Gross | Total Gross | Week #
1. High School Musical 3: Senior Year - $42.0 million | $42.0 million | 1
2. Saw V - $30.5 million | $30.5 million | 1
3. Max Payne - $7.6 million | $29.7 million | 2
4. Beverly Hills Chihuahua - $6.9 million | $78.1 million | 4
5. Pride & Glory - $6.3 million | $6.3 million | 1
Just as I predicted ... almost.
These were my picks -
1. HSM 3 2. Saw 5 3. Max Payne 4. Pride & Glory 5. Beverly Hills Chihuahua
For some reason I thought Ed Norton and Colin Farrell could somehow manage to make over $7 million and beat a little dog that's been around for a month now. Next week can we knock the chihuahua out of the top 5? Yes we can. Yes we can.
No one made it to the Bayer Box Office Challenge Hall of Fame Wall or as I like to call it the BBOCHFW. So after 6 weeks, no one is perfect.
Because of McLaughlin's high praise (and my secret love of musicals) I had a hint of motivation to see HSM 3. That passed, mainly because I am absorbed with thoughts of seeing the new Bond film Quantum of Solace today. I love early screenings.