With TSR Buzz, you’ll find links to articles, videos and other random things that will help you waste your time just a little bit more.
- Captain Planet was never a good show. It was an expression of Ted Turner's fear of environmental catastrophe. That this manifestation is blue with green hair and wears red lycra is something that he can work out with his therapist. But wow, if Don Cheadle doesn't do him proud. Much better than Iron Man 2.
- So I guess Conan the Barbarian wasn't that good. Andy Richter doesn't care, he'll sidekick anyone with the name Conan. See how I just made sidekick a verb? Awesome.
- Seriously, all the best stuff is from Funny or Die this week. The manic pixie dream girl character (think Natalie Portman in Garden State or Zooey Deschanel in 500 Days of Summer) has taken a beating lately. Nathan Rabin calls her "that bubbly, shallow cinematic creature that exists solely in the fevered imaginations of sensitive writer-directors to teach broodingly soulful young men to embrace life and its infinite mysteries and adventures." This quirky girl may just be a little too quirky. Plus Aaron Paul is great in this video.
- It's not a weather event until some guy goes balls out in a live shot. While the reporter is being self-righteous about how no one should be out in a storm (not noticing that he's also out in the storm and non-essential personnel) he doesn't notice his shot being high-jacked. Warning, there is full frontal nudity in this clip.
- Stephin Merritt's new album, Obscurities, includes previously released and hard to find tracks from Merritt's various musical endeavors. This clip was shot for a documentary that may or may not get made called Just Gimmie Indie Rock.