With TSR Buzz, you’ll find links to articles, videos and other random things that will help you waste your time just a little bit more. We've had sequels, remakes and reboots, but now are spin-offs the new trend? We had Aldous Snow (Russell Brand) take the lead from Forgetting Sarah Marshall to Get Him to the Greek. Now it looks like Les Grossman will leave his Tropic Thunder cohorts and get his own film. I received a news release yesterday ... "Paramount Pictures and MTV Films announced today that they are set to develop a movie around mega-producer Les Grossman. The announcement comes on the heels of Grossman’s groundbreaking and visionary production of the soon-to-be Emmy® award-winning 2010 MTV Movie Awards Sunday night. Tom Cruise, along with Ben Stiller and Stuart Cornfeld of Red Hour Films will produce and have secured the life rights to Grossman." My favorite part ... "Tom Cruise is said to be in talks to portray Grossman in the film." If you missed it, here is Grossman's moment with J. Lo at the MTV Movie Awards (after Ed Helms and Ken Jeong).
- I got another news release this week giving me "fun" facts about Toy Story 3. One fact - there are more than 300 stickers in Andy's room. So now you don't have to count.
- Speaking of things for kids ... I question what's really going on with this Russian TV show.
- This is going to the be first World Cup I will try to care about (yes, I will be betting). Here's the best calendar I have seen. If you're in the Pacific Time Zone, subtract nine hours.
- Have you heard of "icing"? It might just be the stupidest game ever.
- The Hollywood Reporter got actors Neil Patrick Harris, Aziz Ansari, Ty Burrell, Ed Helms and Jim Parsons to all sit down and talk. The reason? The upcoming Emmy Awards.
- Here's one more thing to get you pumped for the World Cup. It's Nike's full length commercial called "Write the Future."
- It's much better than adidas Star Wars Cantina 2010.