WEEKEND TOP 5 STUDIO ESTIMATES, NOVEMBER 27-29, 2009 Rank. Movie Title - Weekend Gross | Theaters | Total Gross | Week #
1. The Twilight Saga: New Moon - $42.5 million | 4,042 | $230.7 million | 2
2. The Blind Side - $40.1 million | 3,140 | $100.3 million | 2
3. 2012 - $18.0 million | 3,444 | $138.8 million | 3
4. Old Dogs - $16.8 million | 3,425 | $24.1 million | 1
5. A Christmas Carol - $16.0 million | 3,013 | $105.4 million | 4
Source: Box Office Mojo www.boxofficemojo.com
The Twilight Saga: New Moon is still in first, but not by much. The Blind Side sneaked up and almost caught the vampire/werewolf love triangle by surprise. The New Moon drop off is large, but it's still been able to gobble up more than $230 million over the Thanksgiving holiday. Both movies will actually have a chance to be on top of the box office next week when Everybody's Fine, Brothers, and Armored might not have the draw as either of those.