Box office estimates for the weekend of February 11 – 13
Rank. Movie Title – Weekend Gross | Theaters | Total Gross | Week # … [The Scorecard Review final score]
1. Just Go With It – $31,000,000 I 3,548 I $31,000,000 I 1… [TSR 6/10]
2. Justin Bieber: Never Say Never – $30,260,000 I 3,105 I $30,260,000 I 1… [Not Screened]
3. Gnomeo and Juliet – $25,500,000 I 2,994 I $25,500,000 I 1… [TSR 2/10]
4. The Eagle – $8,589,000 I 2,296 I $8,589,000 I 1… [TSR 7/10]
5. The Roommate – $8,400,000 I 2,534 I $26,053,000 I 2… [TSR 1/10]
If this weekend’s box office is any indication, then February is about to start heating up.
In a surprise power play, Just Go With It proved that, yes, there are still some people that will pay good money to watch Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler bumble through yet another formulaic rom com.
Justin Bieber’s not having too rough of a weekend either, with his 3-D movie taking a very close second.
Gnomeo and Juliet trailed in third, but still made a decent name for themselves in their debut weekend. It must be that 3-D money they’ve got on their side, but it still wasn’t enough to secure first for the lovesick couple.
The Eagle wasn’t so majestic in its opening weekend. It claimed a distant fourth but considering it’s lack of a gimmick (I’m looking at the two 3-D movies that premiered this weekend) I’m sure that was expected.
Finally, The Roommate didn’t make much of a killing even when it claimed number one last weekend, but it fell all the way down to number five this weekend. It’s not hard to imagine why given all the new material this weekend, but it still doesn’t bode well for the future of that flick.