TSR Buzz: Jesse Eisenberg meets Mark Zuckerberg, Bryant Gumbel, and The Lonely Island feat. Nicki Minaj
With TSR Buzz, you’ll find links to articles, videos and other random things that will help you waste your time just a little bit more.
- In case one of your friends didn’t inform you via Facebook’s news feed, The Social Network actor Jesse Eisenberg finally met Mark Zuckerberg on SNL this past week. The meeting of the two curly haired-folks was very scripted, but also quite entertaining. For those who thought that Eisenberg’s performance in Fincher’s film was simply just awkward, take a peek at Zuckerberg trying to read from cue cards.
- Film scholar David Bordwell breaks down the usage of the face in The Social Network, providing detailed analysis of Eisenberg’s and Andrew Garfield’s eyebrow work. It is much more fascinating than I’ve described, and it also provides more reason as to why the Oscar for “Best Actor” shouldn’t immediately be handed over to Colin Firth for The King’s Speech. Perhaps Eisenberg speaks more with his eyes than Firth?
- The February movie season might be unreliable for entertainment, but the “popcorn trick” isn’t. While I wouldn’t recommend doing the trick, I do recommend checking out this video up until the very end. The usage of Edith Piaf is nice, but the audio from the actual movie theater is better.
- A long time ago, back in 1994, Bryant Gumbel didn’t know what the internet was. This video is an amusing little time capsule of a time that was before Facebook, before Google, and even before, dare I say it … The Scorecard Review.
- It has been a while since I have seen this acclaimed animated short, championed by the likes of Hayao Miyazaki, but taking a second glance at it reminds me of its beauty. If you’ve got ten minutes, take a look.
- The Lonely Island (Andy Samberg, Jorma Taccone, Akiva Schaffer) have just released their second single “The Creep,” for their as-of-yet untitled album. This awkward dance song features Nicki Minaj and a cameo by John Waters.